Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rodeo Redo.


2011 Version- acrylic and colored pencil on board


2005 Version- transparent watercolor on hot press paper


I've gotten the chance to experiment with acrylic paint over the last several months. In March I decided to redo a painting that I did in 2005. It is one of my scenes from the Fort Worth rodeo. I painted it in water color, and then later digitally in Corel Painter but I never was 100% happy with the technique. I painted it one more time in acrylic and colored pencil. I've enjoyed the process. Acrylic allows me the ability to rework areas of the picture, unlike watercolor which can be unforgiving.
As I look at the two versions I am not sure which I prefer. I think I am going to paint in watercolor next.
When I get the latest version finished, I will scan it for a clearer image.

No comments:

Post a Comment