Saturday, May 28, 2011

Still the wettest spring ever...

It is the wettest spring ever recorded!... well, at least as far as I'm concerned. We weeded and sprayed the garden. The rhubarb is going to seed. I forgot to pick some.
The fields are still waterlogged. The farmers haven't been able to put any crops out as of yet. I am worried that our renter won't be able to plant on our land this year. Last year at this time we had corn, about a foot high. We were planning on planting soy beans this year. They are a shorter crop, but should be in the ground before June in order to finish before frost.
The front field has so much water in it that it looks like a pond. There is a pair of mallards in it. I hope they don't have a nest.
I trained the grapes a bit today. I hope I am better at this than I am at training the dog.

I forget what these flowers are called... "something munk."

Rhubarb in front of the old grapes in front of the Yellow Delicious apple tree.

It's almost June and the field is still fallow.

Our new duck pond in front of the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment